At Optima Specialty Hospital, we are proud to offer a full continuum of care for men and women, aged 18 and older, who are suffering from symptoms of mental health conditions and co-occurring substance use disorders. By offering a full spectrum of care, we are able to help these individuals from the stabilization phase of treatment right up until they are ready to return to their homes with the ability to effectively manage their illnesses.
The following levels of care make up Optima’s high-quality programming and are those that have made our hospital an invaluable resource to adults in the Lafayette area:
For adults battling the symptoms of disorders such as depression, bipolar disorder, dementia, schizophrenia, and co-occurring substance abuse, Optima is pleased to provide inpatient treatment. This level of care allows patients to receive the immediate mental health services they need so that they are able to experience relief from their afflictions. Our expertly trained and dedicated staff is on-hand 24/7 in our 24-bed inpatient unit to offer the care and support our patients need.
While in this level of care, patients can expect to engage in the following types of treatment:
- Individual therapy with licensed therapists
- Family therapy sessions
- Group therapy opportunities
- Medication management services with our psychiatrists
Our inpatient treatment primarily uses the cognitive behavioral (CBT) approach to care and also supplies specialized geriatric treatment for senior adults as well.
Visions Outpatient Services
Once an individual has completed inpatient treatment, or if a person does not require more intensive care, a referral can be made to our outpatient services. Known as Visions, outpatient treatment at Optima comes in the forms of a partial hospitalization program and an intensive outpatient program, as described below:
- Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP): With programming occurring 5 days per week for approximately 6 weeks, Optima’s PHP is a wonderful option for care for those who still need additional support to achieve their treatment goals. Individual, family and group therapy opportunities are available at this level of care, and patients can benefit from the continued guidance of our staff and access to medication management services.
- Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP): Group therapy is cornerstone to Optima’s IOP, and allows patients to participate in various types of groups that cover numerous topics. IOP programming occurs 3 days per week and allows patients to hone their newfound coping skills while adhering to their own person responsibilities outside of treatment.
Upon completion of a program at Optima Specialty Hospital in Lafayette, LA, each patient will receive a thorough discharge plan that will detail the most beneficial follow-up services to meet their needs. By structuring our programming in this manner, we are able to supply state-of-the-art care that allows our patients to gradually re-enter their lives with the skills and unwavering confidence needed to live healthy, productive lives.